- Friends and Neighbors Event
- Hurricane Sandy Mission Trip
- Hosting the Meet & Greet with Bishop Munga (Tanzanian companion diocese) for our synod
- JYG (Junior High Youth Gathering) at Tel Hai
- Hosting the Implicit Bias workshop for the Indian Valley Cluster and Salford Mennonite.
- Hosting our Thanksgiving Eve worship service with Salford Mennonite.
I need to gush a bit about an event last month, the Peaceful Living social evening. Wow, was I impressed and delighted in Advent’s actions, and the impact.
[Peaceful Living is a faith-based nonprofit that creates belonging for people with disabilities.]
Leadership for that event was amazing, and spread out; providing great hospitality and food; different people leading the opening activities, musical presentations, and after-dinner games; and kids scattered all over the place.
Speaking of kids, I was in awe of the way our kids got involved, and jumped into greeting and sharing and interacting with guests who many might have shunned. Our young ones got it. They saw people, real people with a variety of personalities, senses of humor, different abilities, loving and wanting to be loved. Our kids did that. I was beyond delighted!!!
Oh, and the Peaceful Living guests were also delighted. One of the coordinators commented about how she saw some people, who rarely smiled, grinning often. It was a great experience for all.
THANK YOU Advent!